Monday 15 August 2011

Happy Birthday Grandy



My Grandmother ('Grandy') works hard all year cooking us amazing food. And even though her cakes are amazing, you really can't make your own birthday cake. So I set about making her something special using white and yellow which is a colour combination I associate with her. I strangely have never made a Victoria Sponge cake and insist on going around trying different ones, but always find them quite dry. Therefore in this one I used seedless raspberry jam and fresh raspberries and used the Hummingbird Frosting as the buttercream. I had no choice but to use natural icing sugar so that's why the buttercream is a bit of a funny colour but it tastes the same. She thought the cake was great and I'm glad that I could do something nice for her.



Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home